Choice of hardware
Tasklet Factory is a certified reseller of barcode scanners from, among others, Honeywell/Intermec and Zebra/Motorola. We advise our customers when selecting barcode scanners because our customers must have the best hardware to suit their needs. Tasklet Factory offers barcode scanners that can be used for various purposes, for example in cold rooms, freezing rooms, unclean environments, for standard range scanning, long range scanning, hands-free operations, etc. We also have customers who use our solution to external displays attached to their forklifts, which communicate via Bluetooth or cable. Tasklet Factory has no liability for any errors or omissions in the list of specifications. For a complete list of specifications, please refer to the manufacturer’s website. In addition to the two brands, Honeywell/Intermec and Zebra/Motorola, our solution is also tested with Psion, M3, Datalogic, Dotel and others. Read more about hardware requirements in this document.
We have tested the following devices together with our Mobile WMS application. We have emphasized that the individual barcode scanner must be of very high quality, which corresponds to our software application.
The IP code is an international standard (IEC 60529) which specifies the degree of protection of electrical equipment, which expresses the ability of the device to withstand the ingress of solid objects and water/liquids into relevant equipment.
The degree of protection is described by means of IP followed by two digits:
- The first digit indicates the device’s protection against ingress of solid objects, such as dust, and accidental contact between live parts and body parts such as fingers.
- The second digit indicates the equipment’s protection against harmful ingress of water.
- IP5X: Dust protected: Ingress of dust is not completely prevented, but it must not enter in sufficient quantity to interfere with the satisfactory operation of the equipment.
- IP6X: Dust tight: No ingress of dust; complete protection against contact.
- IPX5: Water protected: (IPx5 tested with flush hose (6.5mm nozzle and 12.5l / min.) Distance 3m.)
- IPX7: Waterproof: (down to 1 meter for 30 min.)
NB! An IPX7 rating is also not an IPX5 rating – every rating is “its own”.